10 Reasons To Invest In Video In 2018
Is your business currently investing in video? If not, are you part of the 65% of businesses who will start using video in 2018? Now more than ever, video is a crucial type of content that could be helping your sales and marketing teams exceed their targets. We’ve compiled a list of some compelling statistics and predictions that show why video is such a powerful tool, and why it should be a priority for you in 2018.
1. By 2020, online videos will make up more than 80% of all consumer internet traffic (85% in the US). – Cisco
This is huge. Although video is already such a huge part of our online lives, this quote from Cisco proves that it will only keep growing.
2. Top three most effective types of video content: customer testimonials (51%); tutorial videos (50%); demonstration videos (49%) – Curata
This falls in line with what we are seeing from our clients, primarily in the B2B space. A lot of time, companies who are new to video will focus only on top of funnel content, like a brand spot or a corporate video . But content further down the funnel is equally as important – as your customers are getting closer to their purchasing decision, you want to have compelling video content to help close the deal.
3. 65% of businesses who don’t currently use video say they intend to start using it in 2018 – up from 34% in 2017. – Wyzowl
if your business doesn’t currently use video, now more than ever is the right time to seriously consider investing in video content. Looking at this statistic, more and more companies are deciding to start investing in video – and your competitors are probably among them.
4. “I see video as a mega trend, same order as mobile.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, said this last year when he was announcing that Facebook would be investing heavily in original video content. Talking to our clients, many of them are still adapting their digital marketing strategies to better fit this mobile generation. If video is predicted to be just as big of a trend, know that it is something that’s certainly worth investing in now, as it’s only going to grow in relevancy in years to come.
5. 18 is the average number of videos enterprise brands post per month. – Vidyard
While this may seem like an overwhelming number to some, keep in mind that this doesn’t mean that they’re producing 18 fresh pieces of professional content every week. Some of this content could be a quick social video shot on a cell phone, a tutorial video shot in-house or a recording of a recent webinar.
6. 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. – Adobe
A big challenge in marketing is being able to determine the ROI of a piece of content. Sure, the prospect that was just closed by sales might have downloaded a white paper from your website, however they may have also visited your blog or watched videos. However, the fact that over 50% of marketers recognize video as their best-performing type of content speaks for itself.
7. Adding video to an email can increase click-through rates by up to 50% – Campaign Monitor
Email marketing is still one of the best ways to reach your customers and prospects – especially in B2B – but one of the biggest challenges in email marketing is clickthrough rate. Video is an extremely powerful tool to add to your email marketing arsenal – a thumbnail with a play button is a much more powerful CTA than a standard link.
8. By 2018, B2B companies that use personalization in digital commerce will be able to realize up to 15% increase in revenues. – Gartner
That’s why we’re so excited about personalized video. Just as much as video is proving to be the most important type of content to create in 2018, personalization is going to be one of the biggest digital marketing trends of 2018 – even more than it was this past year. By personalizing video content, you are giving your customers the type of content that they want, in the format that they want it. It’s a win-win scenario.
9. In 2018, content marketing is about creating interesting content people actually want to engage with. – Forbes
If you are already are a video marketing expert and are wondering what’s next, unbranded (or less-branded) content is the way to go for 2018. Many large brands such as Apple and Pepsico are investing big in original content this year – if you’re feeling creative maybe give some unbranded content a try and see how your audience responds to it.
10. 64% of marketers see video as the most difficult content to create. – Ascend2
Although video has proven to be successful, it needs to be done right – and that is not always easy. If your company is looking to start creating videos this year, I would advise finding a video partner who will help get you on the right track and help you along your video journey.